- "Knight clad in full armor, who fights for pride and honor. His offensive and defensive capabilities are well-balanced."
- — Description
The Knight is a class in Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen, Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. While not found in the sheer numbers of the fighter class, knights from aristocratic families are typically found on the front lines, leading the common men into battle.
The Knight has the appearance of a man garbed in full plate armor and a flowing blue cape, wielding sword and shield. A solid warrior, the Knight makes a sturdy front row attacker. However, if the Knight is the leader of a unit early in the game, it might be prudent to put him in the back row to protect him from numerous attacks. At Level 15, with a Charisma of 60+, and an Alignment of 70+, the Knight can be promoted into the Paladin.
- Weapon type: 1H Sword, Axe*. Hammer.
- Armor type: Heavy armor.
The premier tank unit of the game, and the very best at what they do, which is absorbing damage. The Knight is very useful during Chapter 1 as a front-line attack and defender, but later chapters make defensive units kind of obsolete.
Since the focus of the Knight is defense, and since their 2 handed options are rather limited anyways, they funcion better with a sword and shield. This, combined with their natural slowness, results in typically the slowest unit in the whole game. Do not expect respectable damage from this class for long, made worse as this unit often finds that its turns better used doing something else, resulting in slower than normal weapon ranking.
The Phalanx skill (Reduce damage taken by 90%) sounds amazing on paper but you're almost always better off using a healing item on yourself. By using Phalanx you do almost guarantee the survival of the Knight, but do so by directing attention towards your other units, which is the opposite of what you want from a tank. Generally much more effective is their Rampart Aura, but most front line melee classes can inherit the first two ranks of this skill, which are the only ones you'll see for most of the game. Consequently it is easy to find yourself overlooking this class despite its unique advantages.
Ironically, they perform better by not equipping armor at all, since it draws the attention of enemy units. If you want to use the Knight as a meat shield, send them with sword and shield, no armor and Phalanx, and maybe have a Cleric stick nearby to heal the Knight.
- Lanselot Hamilton - Knight of the Xenobian Rebellion, later Paladin of the Xenobian Holy Knights.
- Ashe - Former Captain of the Xenobian Royal Guard, later Knight of the Xenobian Rebellion.
- Ariosh - Knight of the Southern Division.
- Folcurt Reeda Lynde - Knight of the Valerian Liberation Front.
- Leonar Reci Rimon - Captain of the Knights of Almorica.
- Voltare Montrose - Knight of the Walister Resistance.
- Peyton - Knight of the Walister Resistance.
- Tamuz Fedorenko - Knight of the Knights of Almorica.
- Xaebos Ronsenbach - High Commander of the Kingdom of Galgastan.
- Hektor Didarro - Knight of the Kingdom of Galgastan.
- Agares Bazin - Knight of the Kingdom of Galgastan.
- Daesi Apollinaire - Commander of the Kingdom of Galgastan.
- Latimer Grandier - Royal Guard of the Bakram-Valerian Kingdom.
|Requirements||Level 5, Cha. 50+, Ali. 50+||Physical||47|
|Deployment Cost||510 Goth + (90 x level)||White||46|
|Statistic Increases Per Level|
|Row||Description||# of Attacks||PSX Name||SNES Name||Element|
|Front||Slices an enemy||2||Sword||Slice||Physical|
|Back||Slices an enemy||1||Sword||Slice||Physical|
|Class Type||Advanced (Male)|
|Leadership Rank||Unit Leader|
|Statistic Growth Per Level|
|Baldr Sword||Plate Armor|
|Row||Attack Name||Description||# of Attacks||Element|
|Front||Slash||Slashes an enemy with his sword||2|
|Middle||Slash||Slashes an enemy with his sword||1|
|Back||Slash||Slashes an enemy with his sword||1|
|Stats:||Level 1||Level 50|
|Move||4 Agile, 2 Up, 3 Down||INT||11||113|
|Divine Magic [Heal, Light Augments]||Recruit [Level 1]|
Phalanx [Level 5]
Rampart Shadow [Level 12]
Sanctuary Shadow [Level 16]
Guardian Force [Level 20]